- Regulatory Decision Making
- Nuclear Safety Assessment
- Inspection Activities
- Regulatory Activities over RAW and NM
- Supervision of the Radwaste Shipments
- Supervision of the management of radwaste
- Supervision of Nuclear Material Management
- Emergency Preparedness
- Qualification and Training
- Building Authority for Nuclear Installations
- International Cooperation
Council Directive 2014/87 EURATOM of 8 July 2014 amending Directive 2009/71 EURATOM establishing a Community framework for the nuclear safety of the European Union’s nuclear installations requires the EU Member States to carry out a Topical Peer Review (TPR) every 6 years, with the first review made in 2017. The aim of the Topical Peer Review process, as agreed by the European Nuclear Safety Regulators Group (ENSREG), is to:
- enable participating countries to review their measures to manage the ageing of nuclear power plants, identify best practices and areas for improvement,
- conduct a European Peer Review, share operational experience, and identify common challenges facing EU Member States,
- provide an open and transparent framework for participating countries to identify appropriate follow-up actions to address areas for improvement.
This is also a requirement of Section 4, par. 1 (o) of Act No. 541/2004 Coll. on the Peaceful Uses of Nuclear Energy (Atomic Act), and on the amendment of certain laws, as amended.
TPR 1 – Topical Review of Ageing
EU Member States, acting through ENSREG, have agreed that the topic for the 1st Topical Peer Review is ageing management. The task is specified in more detail and its scope is outlined in the document “Report Topical Peer Review 2017 – Ageing Management Technical Specification for the National Assessment Reports”, developed by WENRA and approved by ENSREG.
National Review Report of the Slovak Republic for the purposes of Topical Peer Review of Ageing Management under the Council Directive 2014/87/EURATOM.
National Action Plan of the Slovak Republic on Ageing Management
1st Topical Peer Review
TPR 2 – Topical Review of Fire Prevention
EU Member States, acting through ENSREG, have agreed that the topic for the 2nd Topical Peer Review is fire protection of nuclear installations. The task is specified in more detail and its scope is outlined in the document “Report Topical Peer Review 2023 – Fire Safety Technical Specification for the National Assessment Reports”, developed by WENRA and approved by ENSREG.
National Assessment Report of the Slovak Republic for the purposes of Topical Peer Review of Fire Protection under the Council Directive 2014/87/EURATOM.