Review and Assessment of documentation important from the point of view of demonstration of nuclear safety of nuclear installations (thereinafter safety documentation) is the second basic tool which is used by UJD SR fulfilling its mission.
Nuclear installation can be built or modified only in case when the safety documentation proves that its systems and equipment are able to operate safely and reliably during current operation as well as during abnormal operation conditions and that the impact of nuclear installation to the staff, population, environment as well as to the property is on acceptable level.
Particularly following safety documentation is reviewed and evaluated:
- linked to the modifications of selected equipment,
- related to the documentation of design changes and modifications of documentation reviewed or approved by the Office,
- related to QA and quality system documentation ,
- connected with limits and conditions of safe operation and safe decommissioning,
- related to emergency planning documentation,
- related to preparation of employees and professional staff members of licence holder,
- related to organizational changes of authorization holders.