National Report of the Slovak Republic - Radiation and Nuclear Safety
, September 1998
3.2.1 Act No. 130/1998 Coll.ll. - Operator's Responsibilities with Respect to Supervision
Nuclear energy may only be used for peaceful purposes and in accordance with international commitments of the SR; the levels of nuclear safety, safety at work, and radiation protection must be reached that the risk to the life and health is to be below the set limits (Act of National Council of the Slovak Republic No. 272/1994 Coll.ll.) and as low as reasonably achievable according to the state-of-art knowledge.
Fig. 3. 2. 1 Structure of supervision in the field of health protection
Operator's responsibilities are above all given by the provisions of Act No. 130/1998 Coll.ll., in the following areas:
- construction of nuclear installations (Section 14),
- operation of nuclear installations (Sections 15, 16, 20, 22, 23),
- management of RAW and spent nuclear fuel (Sections 17, 18),
- decommissioning of nuclear installations (Section 19),
- financial and human resources (Sections 20, 21),
- information of the public and the supervisory body (Section 20),
- emergency planning (Section 25),
- liability for nuclear damage (Sections 26, 27, 28, 30).
Certification and Assessment
Holder of a nuclear installation operation license is responsible to provide the Health Protection Authority with mainly the following information:
Without any delay about:
- radiation incidents or accidents or their threat,
- exceeding of the staff irradiation limit,
- exceeding of the discharge limits.
At the set intervals about:
- daily information on operations,
- individual doses received by the staff and contracted employees within the individual monitoring periods,
- analyses of dose loads during reactor outages,
- annual assessment of dose loads of the staff and contracted employees,
- balances of radioactive discharges into the environment, on quartal and annual basis,
- annual report on the results of environmental radioactivity monitoring in the surroundings of nuclear installations,
- annual report on the results of model assessment of the effects of discharges on the irradiation status of the public.
Copyright © UJD SR, 1998
Copyright © SE, a. s., 1998